04 January 2020

Anti-CAA Riots/Protests and Anti-Hinduism

Islamic fundamentalism (Turks + Mughals) and Christian fundamentalism (British) assaulted Hinduism and Hindus for 1000 years - and tried their best to destroy us. Due to Hinduism's great inner strength, we somehow survived - and finally became free in 1947. American philosopher George Santayana said: "The punishment for people who forget their history is to experience that history again". When I was an RSS pracharak, my bosses used to tell me this. I agreed with it - but only theoretically. I thought: "After all, we are 80% of this country - so we are safe". But after seeing the hatred and violence of the anti-CAA riots/protests by anti-Hindu liberals and Islamic fundamentalists (supported by Christian fundamentalists) Santayana's statement is no longer theoretical. CAA is just an excuse - the real target of the hatred and violence is Hinduism and Hindus. For the first time in my life, I feel we can no longer take our survival/existence for granted . . .

No comments: