18 April 2020

Congress Propaganda: Gandhi/Nehru Vs Bhagat Singh / Subhash Chandra Bose

When the Covid-19 lockdown began, I took up a small project that I had always wanted to do: To compile a list of Bollywood's all-time greatest patriotic songs. To do this, I went through all the old songs. And I found something very interesting:
1. Half the songs were familiar - I had seen them regularly on Chitrahaar (remember that program on Doordarshan?) as a kid in the 1980s and 1990s. But half the songs were new - I had never seen them on Chitrahaar.
2. Very coincidentally - the songs that Chitrahaar regularly showed glorify Gandhi and Nehru. And the songs that Chitrahaar never showed glorify Bhagat Singh and Subhash Chandra Bose.

There were also state-versions of Chitrahaar - in each state's language. Extending the above analysis to Maharashtra's Marathi version of Chitrahaar, I think it never showed songs that glorify Vinayak Savarkar. My Marathi friends can confirm this.

Nice propaganda by the Congress Party!

No comments: